I aim to transition into an energetic and entrepreneurial corporate environment where my analytical, project management and communications skills combine to support a dynamic team. As an attorney I have extensive experience providing long-term compliance and litigation services for medium to large firms and Fortune 500 cor...
international risk and compliance, emerging technologies, strategic marketing
University of Chicago Center for Translational and Policy Research on Chronic Diseases
November 2012 — Present
• Designed a University of Chicago course on chronic diseases and the U.S., Japanese and U.K. health systems.
• Planned and executed a medical symposium on the intersection of policy and healthcare by engaging university and medical community leaders for financial and programmatic support.
• Led the design and development of “The Center’s” website by coordinating and collaborating with medical professionals and web developers on content and function.
June 2010 — Present
• Advised an international team of managing attorneys on how to structure foreign language evidence searches in Spanish and Portuguese.
• Led 2 foreign language compliance teams in structuring and implementing multi-tiered targeted evidence searches in Spanish and Portuguese by coordinating project needs with team member skills and quickly adapting to changing demands.
• Identified key legal issues for U.S. companies doing business in Spanish-Latin America, Africa, and Brazil.
• Analyzed and translated contracts and internal corporate documents in Portuguese and Spanish.
American Military University
May 2010 — September 2012
• Taught multiple sessions of graduate level courses in the fields of Latin American politics, international law and diplomacy, and conflict resolution by assessing student needs, engaging students in topical debate and evaluating student performance on a weekly basis.
• Taught 12 sessions of undergraduate level classes in the School of Security and Global Studies.
• Led 2 successful initiatives to update curricula to better represent current events by engaging university leaders and peers.
Carliner & Remes, PCC
January 2010 — May 2010
• Achieved 15 awards of conditional permanent residence for clients from Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America by preparing petitions for permanent residence and representing clients before immigration officials.
• Successfully represented over 50 clients with a variety of legal needs before immigration court judges.
• Managed over 100 hundred cases by developing a filing and case-priority system.
Academy for Educational Development
July 2009 — November 2009
• Identified key communication issues and strategies in a marketing campaign for STD testing by conducting and analyzing qualitative research on Latina women in four U.S. regions.
• Developed and implemented a professional development program for women from the Middle East by coordinating with multi-national law firms and non-profits to secure mentoring relationships and trainings for the participants.
Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy
Consultant - Program Manager
March 2009 — July 2009
• Wrote and presented policy briefings on subjects including: international trade, economic policy and diplomacy.
• Coordinated the collaboration of international organizations in developing 2 international diplomacy projects.
Overseas Cooperative Development Council
March 2008 — March 2009
• Set and met milestones to produce a handbook on legal reform in Brazil, Spanish-Latin America and Africa.
• Led 2 committees composed of leaders from 10 organizations in 6 countries tasked with collecting and analyzing data on legal reform in Brazil, Spanish-Latin America and Africa.
Public International Law & Policy Group
June 2006 — December 2006
University of Chicago
Master of Clinical Social Work (MSW)
MA, International Development
American University, Washington College of Law
University of Miami
B.A., Economics, International Studies, Spanish Literature