World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer, Communications & Knowledge Management, Food Systems Service
January 2017 — Present
• Researched and wrote policy papers and strategies.
• Undertook a one-month assignment in Afghanistan to develop a strategy for making food systems safer and more nutritious.
• Developed food system guidance materials and web training.
• Fostered a community of practice and strengthened knowledge sharing around policy frameworks and programme good practices.
• Coordinated World Food Assistance report production and rollout.
• Designed and implemented communications and knowledge management strategy. Tailored based on performance.
• Oversaw external communications, including production and sharing of web and social media content, email newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, and media messages.
• Wrote strategic talking points and briefs for management.
• Liaised with partners and donors as required.
• Developed staff profiles, managed recruitment, trained, and supervised staff.