The Service Collaborative of WNY
Program Specialist and Impact Coach for AmeriCorps Builds Lives through Education
July 2014 — Present
The Service Collaborative of WNY is a private, non-profit organization that creates opportunities for all individuals to serve, challenging citizens to turn their ideals into action and their passion into positive change. Since 1994, the organization has engaged more than 5,000 individuals in comprehensive national and community service initiatives throughout the Western New York and Greater Buffalo region. Now one of the nation's premier national and community service providers, The Service Collaborative seeks to serve and improve the poorest communities across our region, while cultivating and instilling an ethic of service that is transformative and revolutionary in its scope and depth.
ABLE Mission Statement:
AmeriCorps Builds Lives through Education (ABLE) mobilizes men and women in national service to revive and strengthen educational environments, expanding opportunities for today’s youth and transforming America’s future—one student, one classroom, and one community at a time.
Why I Do What I Do:
I love that in my job I can help to provide passionate individuals with service opportunities within the wonderful and diverse community that is Buffalo. Through the ABLE program, members are exposed to opportunities that allow them to explore the world of education while gaining knowledge and skills needed for expanding their awareness of self and of their community.
• Assists ABLE program staff with member development, including planning and implementation of new member orientation and monthly member trainings for 100 Full-Time AmeriCorps members
• Responsible for federal grant compliance in the processing and management of past and present member files and criminal history checks
• Ensures that all information in the ABLE database, including multiple informational and data tracking spreadsheets, is up-to-date and complete
• Collects member data for reporting purposes
• Conducts bimonthly check-ins with members as Impact Coach