Television, Broadcast Journalism, TV Production, Social Media, PR, Marketing, Fashion, Music, Entertainment, anything Media-related
Media Specialist/Clerical Associate
NYC Sheriff's Office
I am a very self-motivated individual, with the ability to acquire new skills and knowledge, and am always willing to take on challenging responsibilities; an excellent team player with a stirring and positive work style who is able to interact well with different personalities and different levels of management in order to a...
"Nothing Before It's Time."
To work for a Top 5 TV Network as an Entertainment reporter or behind the scenes; establish my own Social Media Consulting Company, Create my own non-profit organization.
Feisty Flavors Catering
Social Media Coordinator
August 2012 — Present
- Handle all social media outlets to promote business (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Handle all PR aspects for the company website
- Maintain and Update Contact and Email List
- Handle all media inquiries when needed
- Lend support and assistance as needed the day of events
- Collect testimonials from clients
- Serve as a liaison for others seeking a caterer
NYC Department of Finance
June 2012 — Present
- Process cases (subponeas, child support, warrants) for Family Court daily and accurately for deputy sheriffs
- Update cases and insure the sequence of documents are maintained
- Retrieve information as requested by supervisors and deputy sheriffs
- Respond to telephone and in-person inquiries at information window and make sure accurate information is given to respondents
- Retrieve and file document cases in correct order and proper place
- Peform secretarial duties such as, copying, faxing, sorting mail, etc.
Brooklyn Community Access Television
Freelance Certified Producer/Editor
May 2010 — Present
- Assist with Pre-Production and Production for different shows aired on BCAT
- Coordinate studio operations and prepare lighting for the set
- Operate Cameras, Robotic Cameras, Character Generators, and Teleprompters as needed
- Provide On-Camera Assistance when needed (Talent)
- Provide floor directing when needed.
- Perform Audio and/or Technical Director duties as needed
- Assist with Post Production and Editing.
- Edit, Cut and Deliver Broadcast-ready projects
Part-Time Assistant Social Media/PR Coordinator
February 2009 — Present
- Report directly to Head Event Planner/Decorator
- Manage Event Planner/Decorator’s Personal and Business Calendar
- Schedule meetings with clients and provide follow-ups after events
- Handle the PR and Marketing aspect for the company via fliers, website, social networking sites
- Provide assistance when choosing venues and sites, color décor, and visions
- Review, manage, and organize inventory and ensure all supplies are fully stocked.
- Lend support and assistance the day of events.
- Conduct video coverage of work being done on premises
- Collect testimonials from clients
- Serve as a liaison for others interested in decorating and planning special events
New York City Employees' Retirement System
July 2008 — June 2012
- Reported directly to both the Executive Director and the Asst. Executive Director
- Provided assistance to the General Counsel as needed
- Collaborated with various levels of management to gather information pertaining to key issues.
- Handled high volumes of phone calls for Executive Directors and General Counsel
- Communicated with external contacts to properly handle direction of business relations
- Assisted in the preparation of boardroom for upcoming Board of Trustees Meetings
- Assisted with the preparation and distribution of calendar materials for Board of Trustees
- Managed correspondences and monthly production reports for Executive division and other units
- Devised and maintain extensive filing system and corresponding cross-referenced list.
- Assisted in the Legal and Communications Department when needed
- Performed secretarial duties, which include manage calendars, schedule meetings, filing, copying, and faxing
The Steve Harvey Show
July 2008 — July 2008
Assisted in the preparation of live radio broadcast at the Apollo Theatre
Assisted Steve Harvey’s publicist in various assignments for the morning show
- Meet and greeted the talent
- Provided live updates through social media networks
- Checked-in media and contest winners upon arrival
ABC Channel 7
January 2005 — May 2005
- Assisted assignment desk editors in evaluating current events and news stories
- Managed large number of phone calls from viewers and/or callers with tips on a story
- Researched and complied news reports/information for reporters
- Collaborated with and assisted reporters covering a story on location
- Monitored police and fire scanners to follow-up on story leads
- Attended staff meetings to review run-downs for each show
- Performed Production Assistant duties as follows: printing out scripts and run-downs and delivering to news director, assistant director and reporters during live broadcasts
Present New York Institute of Technology
Masters of Arts, Communication Arts
St. John's University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Communication and Media Studies