January 2009 — Present
• Manage a team of cross-platform editors to create dynamic, service-driven copy that pertains to Millennial moms, covering kids’ and women’s health, kids’ behavior, food, beauty, lifestyle, news, essay, travel, books, celebrity, and more. Top-edit every page of the magazine
• Work closely with Creative Director and art and photo teams to select photography, illustrations, and approve layouts for all pages of the magazine, including the cover. Helped conceive and implement the redesign of Parents in 2012.
• Serve as Editor of Parents’ annual SIP, Busy Mom’s Guide to Back to School; top edit the quarterly SIP First Year of Life
• Wrangle celebrities for inside stories and occasional covers; manage relationships with celebrity contributors such as Nancy O’Dell and Rosie Pope
• Manage special projects such as Parents’ 10 Best Lists (Cars, Packaged Foods, Hospitals, Beach Towns, etc) and Thrive in 2025 series as well as themed issues, sections, and exclusive surveys, such as The Creativity Issue, The Savings Issue, Special Needs section, and Mommy Wars survey
• Oversaw edit and design of Parents’ cookbook Quick & Easy Kid-Friendly Meals (Wiley Cookbooks, May, 2012), including e-book editions
• Seek out, manage, and maintain print and digital partnerships with key organizations such as Quirky.com, Quester Research, Evite, and more
• Developed Parents’ print-digital workflow (print to online to tablet to mobile app) in 2012. Oversee and edit all additional digital, tablet, and mobile app stories and videos each month, tweaking, enhancing, and adjusting each to make them SEO- and user-friendly across all devices
• Launched (in 2011) and now manage all editorial aspects of Parents’ interactive tablet editions. Oversee all content, including video, audio, and interactive elements as well as promotional material.
• Designed template and work flow for Parents’ branded augmented reality mobile app, Mom+ (Spring 2013).