Community building, supporting women, belly laughs, entrepreneurship, learning, travel
New York, NY
I am currently building a community of amazing women for PowerToFly.com, a platform that connects women to great jobs. Want to work for great companies like Buzzfeed, Hearst, and RebelMouse? Message me or sign up at powertofly.com today!
"I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright." - Henry David Thoreau
I have it! Uplifting the world one woman at a time!
Head of Community & Global Talent Manager
June 2014 — Present
New York University
Graduate Journalism Student
Currently studying under Jay Rosen in NYU's Studio 20 program where I am thinking about the future of journalism and problem-solve journalistic issues for large media companies like Fast Company.
Social Media & Network Specialist
January 2013 — December 2013
Developed the Fast Company Mobilizing series which focused on millennial women who are working with and innovating in mobile. Ran Fast Company's various social media accounts and developed a content strategy for its Tumblr page.
January 2012 — June 2012
- Wrote six or seven articles daily for an English-language online newspaper.
- Researched and reported on Colombian issues, current events, and culture.
- Conducted interviews and investigations in both Spanish and English.
- Built static informational pages on major Colombian cities.
January 2011 — December 2011
Harvard Skin Disease Research Center
January 2009 — May 2009
- Developed 100 page plus Mouse User guide that lists the protocol on the humane treatment of experimental mice.
- Developed a web-based census tool as a cost-cutting method for monitoring the experimental mouse population.
- Taught researchers and doctors the best practice techniques for experimental animal usage and care.
- Performed genotype and phenotype DNA analysis experiments in order to monitor the mouse population.
Brewster High School, Brewster, NY
Masters in Journalism, Studio 20 Journalism
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy/Management