Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
June 2008 — Present
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with both the public and interdisciplinary team members.
• Efficient team member, work quickly; meet deadlines; prioritize tasks; review for errors.
• Recent experience in adult physical medicine including General Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, Geriatrics.
• Computer skills: fast typing skills; multiple Microsoft applications; internet abilities, email, GRASP, InfoMed, E.P.R (Electronic Patient Records), Discharge Tracking, Online Maintenance reports arranging maintenance issues to be completed.
• Repairing, fabricating / Altering walkers, and other gait aiding devices to suit the physical challenges and requirements to suit various patients.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Telephone system and paging.
• Organizational Skills, filing, documenting, ability to prioritize responsibilities and completing tasks within time constraints.
Responsibilities: Assist the Physiotherapist with assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Individual patient exercises, providing instruction and education.
• Progress recording, ROM, Distance.
• Timed tests; TUG, self paced walking, stairs timed test.
• Gait training, Ambulation re-training, walker, crutch and cane.
• Teaching independence, endurance and energy conservation techniques.
• Providing goal-oriented, Patient centered treatment and interventions, patient/family education and support to address physical, emotional and self-care needs as required.
• Supervise activities of PTA/OTA students, co-op students as well as one-day informational and practical hands- on student workshops.
• Volunteered for several years as an O.S.C.E. Examiner for Humber College. (Objective Structured Clinical Evaluation).
• Work load data entry, chart documentation, Discharge tracking.
• Out Patient - Post Surgical Hip and Knee Class, advancing exercises and increasing ROM.
• Cognitive Sub-committee, Specializing in Geriatric/Orthopaedics, TKA, THA/General Medicine, in an Acute in patient setting MSK.
• Working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proven attendance and Work record.
• 2013 - Humber ITAL OSCE Examiner.
• 2012 - Humber ITAL OSCE Examiner.
• 2011 - Humber ITAL OSCE Examiner
• 2010 - Humber ITAL OSCE Examiner
• 2009 - Humber ITAL OSCE Examiner
• 2014 – Student Preceptor. Humber and Centennial College
• 2011 – Student Preceptor. Humber and Centennial College
• 2010 – Student Preceptor. Humber and Centennial College
• 2009 – Student Preceptor. Humber and Centennial College
• 2009/10 – Student Practical Labs, Lift and Transfer Clinics
• 2008-2010 - Cognitive Sub Committees. Holland Orthopaedic Centre.
• 2008 – Re-New - St. Johns Ambulance First Aid/CPR rescuer level “C” - Current
• 2004-2006 - Humber ITAL Diploma in Occupational and Physiotherapist Assistant.
• 2004-2006 – Taping and Bracing 15 week night course.
• 2004-2006 – Bridgepoint Health – Wheel Chair Clinic
• Current - St. Johns Ambulance First Aid/CPR rescuer level “C”
• 2004 – Toronto Ambulance – B.T.L.S
• 2003-2004 – Humber ITAL Certificate G.A.S. Science & Technology.