The Harbus News Corporation
August 2010 — September 2012
The Harbus Online:
• Engineered total redesign of www.harbus.org, resulting in cleaner design, increased user interaction & social media connectivity.
• Spearheaded initiative to improve Search Engine Optimization of The Harbus’ websites. Led collaboration w/ outside MBA news outlets & forums to improve results.
• Assessed weekly web analytics, use insights as guide for upcoming Harbus editions.
• Researched web users behavior, identified patterns, and adopted UI and UX changes as necessary.
The Unofficial HBS Interview Guide:
• Led development of Unofficial HBS Interview Guide sold to prospective students. Responsible for gathering & analyzing new data from prospective & admitted students; organizing student contributors; supervising marketing, sales, & distribution of guide; & developing and adhering to a strict timeline.
• Built website to market and sell the guide.
• Bolstered sale of guide year-over-year 165% in 2011 and 80% in 2012.
The weekly newspaper of Harvard Business School since 1937.
• Worked on tight weekly deadlines in fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
• Supervised Lead Designer, Ad Manager, interns & students; oversaw hiring as necessary.
• Coordinated w/ Editor-in-Chief and Lead Designer, communicating shifting weekly priorities.
• Led weekly meetings on advertising sales, social media strategy, and partnership generation.
• Created weekly reports on web traffic, sales, profit and loss, & payroll.
• Handled all accounting and taxes, generated financial reports for BOD & Publisher.