Thompson Landry Gallery
November 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Events Assistant, Thompson Landry Gallery
• First representative of the Gallery to the public and was responsible for all communications within the Gallery.
• promotion and marketing of exhibitions, programs, services and the Gallery to the community and the national art audience
• Establish open lines of communication and establish working relationships between the gallery and the external audience and visitor.
• Managed the gift shop, through coordination of vendors and artists, selection of merchandise, coordination of inventory, arrangement of the shop and promotion of its offerings through the local media and social websites.
• Increase participation in gallery programs and tourist visitations, provide an enhanced visitor experience to the Gallery, and support projects in the areas of customer service, administration, sales, marketing and special events.
• Work to allow the Gallery to achieve its goal of increasing participation in visual arts through active member promotion and development.
• Project development and management through the creation of Museum initiatives, programs and services
• I was responsible for the handling of various administrative and financial tasks such as handling of patron donations, coordinated bookings and payments, and managed budgets.
• Management of volunteer and volunteer responsibilities, associated networking and communications with community and general secretarial duties.
•Prepares correspondence for upper level management, organizational communications and public relations with donors, sponsors, clients, and the public.
•Provides administrative and secretarial support to upper level management, director’s office and to the Development team as a whole
•Assists with the planning and coordination of donor recognition events. Liaises with appropriate internal and external contacts for events’ execution. Coordinates correspondence and public relations with donors and guests.
•Participates in identification of new donor prospects and undertakes preliminary research and solicitation.
•Maintains current and accurate donor database and filing systems; create and generate reports, co-ordinates mailings and e-blast correspondence.
•Ensures new memberships, renewals, and donations are processed; updates computer records. Maintains gift tracking system, generates and forwards correspondence, membership cards and benefits package.
•Oversees depositing, processing and receipting of gift-in-kinds, sponsorships and other donations.
•Co-ordinates the activities of the volunteer body and the meetings of various committees. Prepares and distributes meeting minutes. Prepares Committee assignments and follows up with Committee members on their assignments.
• Responsible for all levels of communication and interaction between the Gallery and the public, Provided clerical support while coordinating activities of the various departments including facility rental and event coordination.
• Managed the Gallery Gift Shop through the sourcing of artists and merchandise; managing relationships; coordinating inventory, receiving, pricing and stocking; promotion of the shop through social media and marketing tactics, managing sales events for members and public to aid in achieving sales goals; and managed databases and accounts to support year end reporting. I also displayed the items and decorated the store to optimize customer experience.
• Responsible for the establishment of purchasing accounts, budgetary management, processing and preparing all financial receipts and deposits, preparation of all contract payments and management, payroll, and the maintenance of administrative filling systems and documentation.
• In charge of Gallery marketing and communications through the development of a marketing strategy and community engagement plan; preparation of marketing and promotional materials, coordination and development of a rebranding strategy and implementation plan, web and social media management, coordinate all marketing of gallery membership and promotion to members. Maintained and developed a positive relationship with all local and provincial media outlets. Assist with the implementation of a communication strategy to build audience development for our programs, events and services.
• Responsible for fund development for the gallery through the solicitation of sponsorships, promotional donation opportunities
• Responsible for the organization of volunteers and volunteer responsibilities
• Development of membership and membership services while establishing a member database with the goal of building a stronger member foundation.