Massachusetts General Hospital
Diabetes Research Nurse
March 2013 — Present
• The responsibilities of the research nurse will include nursing care of subjects enrolled in selected clinical research studies and implementing research studies according to the study protocol.
• Perform nursing care of research volunteers enrolled in the studies including but not limited to the following: Monitor study participants for safety and protocol adherence, insert and maintain IVs, perform all study specific procedures according to protocol.
• Collect data as required.
• Initiate and maintain continuous glucose monitoring including calibration using approved and investigational devices. And initiate and monitor research volunteers use of insulin pumps including changing cartridges and inserting infusion sets
• Become proficient in the application and safety of devices used in study procedures. Becoming proficient in the research process and regulatory matters related to clinical research
• Monitor experimental study participants using remote telemetry