Manager Network Operations
September 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Position includes the management of a diverse 12 person team that monitors and repairs a cellular network located in 15+ states and areas around the world.
- Manage the surveillance of a cellular wireless network that includes six telecommunication switches, two thousand + cell sites, two georedundant data cores; all utilizing two separate voice technologies (CDMA/GSM).
- Responsible for the staffing, training and hiring of personnel in order to achieve 24x7x365 coverage of wireless network.
- Manage a team that processes over 500,000 alarms per week, manages 400+ weekly tickets, and serves as the central point of communication for the entire company.
- Created Red and Blue teams that allowed technicians to gain specialized skills on specific pieces of equipment, which has led to an increase in network uptime and faster reactions times to issues. This concept was created in order to effectively manage the 2500+ elements, and monitor voice and data across six different vendors (Nokia, Lucent, ZTE, Motorola, Ericcson, Nortel) switches and 4 wireless technologies (GSM, CDMA, UMTS,LTE, and Wi-Max).
- Accomplished the integration of 800+ new network elements, including properties inside and outside of the U.S.
- Drove hiring effort to increase NOC personnel and insure complete coverage is available to newly developed customer base (Alltel).
- Supported and guided the creation of a company disaster plan to serve as a template for all sister companies and operations.
- Guiding best practice processes for future customer support in several markets.
- Run the MOP Call which is the change management control for all subsidiaries within the company.
- Responsible for general management of the store and sales.
- Managed employees, balanced daily paperwork, worked sales floor, theft prevention, stocking, receiving, conflict management, and general customer service.
- Also worked on window displays, visual merchandising, and overall product placement throughout the store.
- Helped to generate new policies in order to prevent fraud and theft.
- Discovered and introduced a new product line to the store that became one of the bestselling products for several months.
- Responsible for the editing and managing of all magazine content.
- Wrote 85% of the content for the magazine.
- Developed strategic marketing plans and established community relationships.
- Revitalized existing advertising relationships and initiated new ones.
- Established contacts within the media which led to the magazine being featured on 9News.
- Served as reporter, photographer, copy editor, production coordinator, advertising manager, section editor, columnist, and finally editor in chief.
- Covered stories that affected not only the campus but also the community in which we served.
- Established weekly features and an expanded distribution system, which increased our presence in the community.
- Developed and implemented various staff positions to accurately cover both college events and community affairs.
Responsible for membership services and selling of YMCA products.
Signed members and non-members up for YMCA programs, including classes and youth sports.
- Worked out of the Youth Sports office coordinating database of members, organizing field reservations, recruiting coaches, and answering questions and concerns from parents involved in the programs.
- Coordinated with professional staff to assist in tours and cross promotion of YMCA offerings.
- Worked as supervisor for youth nights and various functions on the weekends.
- Also worked as substitute lifeguard when needed.
- Worked the front counter; answering phones, selling services and hardware to customers, opening, closing store, etc.
- Designed a marketing and advertising packet for the area Data Doctors.
- Managed all store operations while regular manager worked at Boulder location.
- Owner closed all stores and went out of business
- Implemented and helped to design a curriculum for school age children involved in a before and after school program.
- Planned and coordinated field trips, guest speakers, and holiday programs.
- Worked with parents regarding any questions or concerns.
- Worked for this company later on as a part time teacher as well.
Position involved monitoring the network, hiring/ training technicians, and interaction with various levels of management. The majority of the position was spent in bringing the NOC out of its nascent stages as the company grew.
- Created first comprehensive training program in order to streamline training process and drive technical efficiency.
- Designed Tiered training program to allow NOC technicians to develop additional skill set and give operations center additional resources.
- Assisted in analysis, development and creation of documentation for several other departments.
- Achieved company’s first 24 hour coverage of network.
- Developed, wrote and published Connections, which became the company newsletter and was distributed throughout the continental US and outside the country as well.
- Processed 9,000+ tickets, supervised 6 technicians and monitored three separate wireless technologies with 600+ network elements.
- Created opportunities through training that allowed several technicians to launch their careers outside of the NOC.
- Directed the implementation and development of the In Touch ticketing system, along with serving as the sole administrator for the system.
- Organized cooperation between field, switch and management to optimize the alarms on the NOKIA switch. This resulted in a more efficient alarming process and improved reaction times from the NOC.
- Established a rewards program for the NOC to improve morale, which was later adopted by the entire company – Above and Beyond.
Responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and repair of a wireless network utilizing three technologies; Nortel analog switch, Alcatel-Lucent CDMA switch and NOKIA GSM switch.
- Assumed a lead role after only a few short weeks to help in the training of various personnel.
- Created documentation to aid in technician development and streamline processes.
- Assisted supervisor on various projects and aided field in several capacities.
- Initiated a variety of procedures and processes in conjunction with management to accelerate the learning process and efficiency of the NOC.
- Promoted to supervisor after only 6 months in the NOC. Continued to serve a dual role both monitoring the systems and supervising the employees until back fill was completed.