ANSA Merchant Bank Limited
July 2010 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Accountant at ANSA Merchant Bank Limited
• Various accounting duties in the accounting department
o Printing and distribution of sundry cheques
o Collection of income from accounts receivables
o Monthly reconciliation in the bank accounts
o Preparation of month-end reports
• Responsible for the analysis of accrual levels and various account reconciliations, inclusive of intercompany account reconciliations, both locally and internationally
• Approval of invoice payments
o Review and posting of approved invoices to General Ledger
o Signing off of payment instructions to the relevant banks
• Preparation of variance analysis reports to support the Trial Balance month end close process.
• Preparation of the monthly financial statements for the Petro Canada Trinidad companies in the TTD and USD databases.
• Reconciliation of general ledger accounts, primarily the local investment and securities account, fixed income paper account and the money market account
• Preparation of various Year End schedules:-
o Classification of financial assets in accordance with IAS 39, ie. Securities available for sale, securities held to maturity.
o Schedule of Shares
o Schedule of Fixed Assets
• Supervision of junior members of the finance department, which included establishing performance targets and deadlines as well as encourage junior members to develop skills and abilities for improved performance.
• Involved in and supervised the integration of data files from the Trading system to the Accounting system.
Reconciliation of general ledger accounts, primarily all the foreign and local bank accounts
• Reconciliation of investment and interest accounts
• Processing of interdepartmental transactions: -
o Journalisation of daily deposits, interdepartmental transfers and bank transfers
o Recording of investment income
o Recording of contributions from contributing governments to the University
• Maintenance of Multi-Media Production Centre (commercial operation) accounting records, inclusive of the quarterly and annual financial statements
• Quarterly analysis of investment income and interest on investments
• Monthly analysis of Income from the Government of Trinidad & Tobago
• Preparation of various Year End schedules: -
o Long term Liabilities
o Exchange Rate schedule
o Investment Income
o Schedule of Shares and Securities
• Developed the following: -
o A method of recording and forecasting income on investments
o A tracking system of all cheques issued by the University