The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. --AR
My daily mission: to make a stand for what's possible and take a step in that direction everyday. And, I'm bringing the thank you card back.
What I bring to the table is a passion for doing things the right way the first time, a depth of analysis not found in those that have taken the traditional route in their careers. But what I previously lacked is knowledge gained from watching a master on a day to day basis, and learning leadership from a great mind. I'm so grateful to say that ...
December 2015 — Present
I recently, found the mentor and team I'd been searching for. While I stepped aside from running my own firm, the decision, while not taken lightly was an easy one to make - I'm now the Product Manager for Collaborative Gain. I have the pleasure to learn from one of the most humble and extraordinary leaders I've ever met who trusts my curiosity and instincts to make an impact.
April 2013 — Present
After securing a scholarship from the University of Denver and graduating with a degree in Business Management multiple experiences finally led her to launch Scrambled Eggs. Her bigger degree is her PhD in GSD – Getting Stuff Done.
What kind of Stuff? Lots of Stuff, but mostly helping service firms grow, and thrive.
Starting with two clients in very different industries she helped with their startup process; one in professional services, the other in sports medicine. She focused on developing foundations for their organizations, so they could focus on what they were best at.
Eventually, a little luck led her to her main client Collaborative Gain and the rest is history.
Kevin Larson Presents
May 2012 — April 2013
• One of two lead KLP representatives interacting with clients, sponsors, and strategic alliance;
proved strong ability to interact with high-end clientele
• Managed social media, website, event ticketing systems, marketing material development
• Managed client facing event operations, from client intake to event end
• Coordinated 2000+ person events both corporate and social, in the Denver metro area
• Upgraded process for selecting intern, hired and managed a 20 hr/wk intern
• Operations Management
-Understand business challenges and identify opportunities to refine processes
-Investigate and recognize industry trends and competition to develop new strategies
-Play the role of connector: Connecting similar/ like-minded businesses with similar goals to
Assured Title Agency, LLC
August 2010 — May 2011
• Primary role in overall customer service and satisfaction included call direction, client reception,
• First client relations employee ever asked to play significant role in real estate contract
administration, selected based on strong attention to detail, communication skills and efficiency
Sales Representative / Women's Assistant Manager
October 2004 — May 2007
• Achieved Top Tier Award in Sales, Customer Service, Personal Trade and Product Knowledge in
• In 2006, was on track to receive the Pacesetter Award, and was promoted to Assistant Manager
for the Women’s Department of Nordstrom Marketplace Rack just prior to reaching the sales
• Full-time while completing degree
• Responsible for business planning, marketing, event planning, merchandising, and customer
• Managed team of 12 department employees and oversaw development and training
University of Denver - Daniels College of Business
Bachelor of Science , Business Administration and Management