I am interested in travel, fashion, cooking, style, publishing, running, fitness, and beauty.
Hilary Phelps Genuine Joy
I am a reliable, driven worker looking for a challenging career in New York. At my last job I wore a number of hats and thus am capable of handling a job in editing, writing, public relations, and marketing. Most notably, I produced a brochure about the wineries of Maryland and won the "Best Destination Guide" award at the 20...
Hilary Phelps Genuine Joy
October 2013 — Present
- Generate story concepts for Hilary Phelps Genuine Joy, a lifestyle blog based out of Washington D.C.
- Write twice monthly blog posts for an audience of 30K per week across 6 continents
- Attend weekly events across several industries for posts and story ideas
- Edit posts and take applicable photographs for all submitted articles
Maryland Wineries Association
September 2012 — Present
MWA is a non-profit 501(c)6 trade organization representing Maryland's commercial wineries.
- Organized, executed, and managed dynamic marketing programs for 64 wineries across the state on a limited budget
- Coordinated 10+ events per year with 15-38 wineries at each, ranging from 300 – 28k attendees
- Created ideas and wrote copy for advertisements, monthly newsletters, promotional copy, and marylandwine.com
- Developed and monitored a regional and national press list and crafted press releases about industry highlights
- Wrote and edited the Maryland Wine Press, a biannual publication devoted to Maryland’s wine industry
- Published consumer content for website and an award-winning brochure
- Managed all social media including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Acted as the Sub-Treasurer of the Political Action Committee
- Maintained all finances and contributions for political candidates in the state of Maryland
- Planned and attended political fundraisers, industry events, and informational days across the state
Advertising Administive Assistant
June 2012 — September 2012
- Maintained and operated the Gear Up page in the magazine, including gathering prizes and distributing prizes to winners
- Managed all monthly advertisements through editing, placement, and billing
- Negotiated advertisement sales between sponsors and vendors for magazine and online Web banners
January 2012 — June 2012
- Researched, fact checked, and set up interviews on the assignment desk
- Assisted reporters and producers with daily stories in the field and in the studio
- Performed Web editorial production
CBS News, Sunday Morning
June 2011 — August 2011
- Researched and scheduled interviews
- Screened and logged tapes from CBS News archives
- Assisted producers and correspondents on shoots
- Helped produce cover story "Internships: A Foot in the Door?"
- Produced 3 minute piece for internship project on collaborative consumption
Loyola University Maryland
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communications
American University of Paris