Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation - KAPL
October 2009 — Present
Define and manage requirements for instrumentation and control equipment for the US Navy; present recommendations, specifications, project plans, and analyses. Liaise with vendors and monitor all deliverables. Serve as key point-of-contact with client; provide technical support, troubleshooting, testing, and problem resolution. Coordinate and negotiate priorities across multiple departments, sister companies, and stakeholders. Perform technical audits of peer submittals.
• Developed FPGA based test hardware via VHDL (RTL) covering entire process flow (HDL, synthesis, routing, and verification) facilitating qualification of prototype submarine I&C device
• Generated and executed test plans for hardware qualification and worked closely with test team to debug technical issues resulting in final implementation achieving all requirements
• Performed qualification testing of new I&C hardware designs using a multitude of laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, bench-top power supplies, multimeters, arbitrary waveform generators, and frequency response analyzers.
• Revised optical converter module design resulting in 25% reduction in power consumption supporting tight power margin of system critical application
• Authored over 50 formal correspondences to the U.S. Government and sister organizations facilitating technical design and development of I&C equipment
• Worked closely with clients to ensure alignment with requirements and expectations; instrumental to aligning stakeholders on controversial design revision and driving proactive problem resolution to avoid critical issues