Southern Utah University
Director of Career & Professional Development
July 2013 — Present
- Responsible for the overall success of the Career & Professional Development Center at Southern Utah University.
- Managed Career & Professional Development staff.
- Collaborated with Career & Professional Development staff and developed a success strategy plan, made assignments, and set goals to measure outcomes.
- Managed office budgets including ways to increase revenue and cost cutting.
- Worked closely with other on campus departments including faculty, community partners, employers, and government agencies ensuring students have the resources needed to meet their career goals.
- Counseled students directly and in groups regarding career development including resume/cover letter development, mock interviewing, and graduate school admittance.
- Taught on campus courses directly related to Career & Professional Development resources.
- Directly supervised development and presentation of career events such as the Career and Graduate School Fairs.
- Served as Chair for the Employment/Financial Aid Retention Committee in which ideas were presented regarding how to increase retention at Southern Utah University specific to these areas.