Business Analyst - Consultant
January 2017 — Present
• Worked with system developers, product owners, and analysts to identify, diagnose, and document problems in specific components of our Federal Accounting and Financial Systems.
• Developed acceptance requirements for user stories and test scripts.
• Participated in weekly groom sessions for upcoming AGILE initiative sprints.
• Collaborated with stakeholders and client teams to ensure business analysis task met end user requirements for real-world scenarios.
• Acted as Scrum Master for weekly Scrum of Scrum Meetings to communicate the initiative’s progress, dependencies, and impediments.
• Contributed to story decomposition with the agile team during planning to ensure appropriate scope.
• Analyzed the business impact of developed solutions and features on other aspects of the system.
• Possessed understanding of business scenarios for multiple client teams.
• Documented functional and non-functional specifications.
• Provided quality client support by answering client questions, researching possible solutions to problems, and fostering open communication with the CGI project team.
• Managed and tracked software defects, performed application maintenance, and provided consulting and training as required.
• Used analytical skills to assess user requirements, procedures, and problems.
• Engaged in a continuous effort to create, and improve, the federal financial accounting and management systems.
• Utilized SQL scripts to assist in software development analysis and descriptive defect reporting.
• Performed demonstrations to client teams, as part of biweekly sprints, on upcoming requested features.