Director of External & Partner Relations
February 2015 — Present
WorldLoop, launched in 2012 to help bring e-waste solutions for Close the Gap’s projects in sub-Saharan Africa supporting social enterprises start voluntary IT e-waste take-back and recycling programs.
- Co-developed strategic/operational plans with founding team and owned communication, PR and marketing strategies and deliverables aligned to Close the Gap's messaging.
- Monitoring trends and legislation as it relates to e-waste recycling and trans-boundary movement of hazardous waste in Africa Europe, and US.
- Representing organization in multi-stakeholder groups and projects: Step, PACE, FP7 Cobalt Project, Horizon 2020 EWIT Project (expert lead)
- Supported social enterprises in 9 African countries start e-waste collection and recycling in accordance with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Develop pilot projects on battery collection and compliance management for recycling partners