Chief Executive Officer
March 2010 — Present
Senior Operating Executive with full strategic planning and P&L management responsibilities with focus on leading the company’s change from an R & D functionality to a fully commercial entity providing software development services and products to both businesses and consumers. Founded in 2006 as a research lab, "taya it" was focused on solving specific problems with relation to Natural Arabic Language Processing (NLP).
Successfully lead the development and implantation of a strategic and commercial plan for change under the mission of bridging the digital gap between Arabic and international cultures, and transformed and expanded the company into five units:
1) Yahki.com, a leading social network for collecting, managing and showing digital items and interests. Yahki is a global social network for personal, business and educational use.
2) Greetings Studio, a Mobile based social network for creating, sharing and saving social sentiments.
3) Mobile Games and Utilities mainly targeting iOS users. Games launched are Tawla and Save the Bomb.
4) Professional Software Development Services serving leading Arab enterprises and educational organisations.
5) Research and Development with focus on language processing and Artificial Intelligence.