January 2016 — April 2016
After four years at a rapidly scaling international startup, I decided to take a sabbatical to travel for pleasure, explore my creativity, continue learning for fun, and be with family and friends.
- Photographs published in The Battery's first photobook, "How to Be a San Franciscan"
- Read 20 books
- Completed 28 Skillshare classes on topics in art, business, branding, + social media
- Facilitated at a leadership conference in the OC
- Spent some time in the south of Spain, Gibraltar, Paris, Versailles, London, LA, and the wilderness near the CAN border in WA
- Attended Further Future festival
- New and rejuvenated hobbies: water brush lettering, calligraphy, hiking, poetry club, writing, and travel instagrammer (@ashley.whitlatch)