Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
ASPPH/CDC HIV Prevention Communication Fellow
February 2015 — Present
• Draft and edit communication documents for partnership engagement strategies and the new national HIV testing campaign. Tasks include website development, proposals, blogs, e-mails, Act Against AIDS social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), fact sheets, & HIV/AIDS awareness days.
• Write communications materials for pre-clearance and 508 compliance based on the Clear Communications Index.
• Proactively engage and develop professional relationships with national partners, celebrities, NGOs, advocates, influencers and bloggers to effectively reach specific target audiences and promote HIV prevention, testing and care.
• Developed the concept, wrote, edited HIV/AIDS preventions youth campaign materials for national distribution.
• Effectively research, strategize and implement partnership engagement opportunities.
• Collaborate with senior leadership to review, re-write and edit documents for Health and Human Services clearance submission.
• Recommend and implement solutions for under-performing social marketing campaigns.
• Write content and develop social media strategies for communication outreach initiatives.
• Coordinate the logistics for all national partnership engagement activities including conferences.