As we mourn the recent tragedies of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris, our hearts are heavy. Additionally, after reading ‘Paris My Sweet’ – a book about an American woman’s escapades in Paris- and scrolling through some of our favorite French blogs (such as ‘Paris in Four Months’), we can’t help but to yearn for all that is enchanting about this magnificent city. We implore you to check it out next time wanderlust strikes!
In homage to the breathtaking city of Paris, we’ve gathered a collection of eight timeless style staples that embody classic French sophistication.
- Look your best at any event in a timeless little black dress: Meeson Knit Sheath Dress by DVF, $135
- A classic white button down: Cotton Blend White Button-Down by DKNY, $347 (unfortunately, our favorite white button down has sold out)
- A striped tee: Striped Boatneck Tee by Chance, $68
- A tan trench coat: Cotton-Twill Trench Coat by Burberry London, $1,795
- A tailored black blazer: Single Bi Crepe Blazer by Acne Studios, $776
- Skinny pants: Crepe Cigarette Pants by Ann Taylor, $199.99 (for your day off, try these J.Crew jeans in emerson wash)
- Ballet flats: Reva Ballet Flat by Tory Burch, $225
- A classic handbag: Black Leather Tote Bag, by Marc Jacobs $450
If you’re looking for the perfect Parisian beauty hacks, then Vogue.com’s interview with makeup artist Violette is a must-read! She shares all of her secrets on achieving that iconic look – it will have you feeling like an absolute French goddess in no time!
This was originally published on House of Marbury.