Job interviews are a collaborative dialogue between the interviewer and interviewee.
The hiring manager seeks to discern if the applicant is perfect for the role, while simultaneously, the interviewee endeavors to determine whether this job provides them with an ideal fit.
Even when the recruiter is being interviewed, they are still actively assessing you as a potential hire. Therefore, it’s essential that your questions demonstrate intelligence and impress the interviewer. Make sure to ask thoughtful inquiries during this critical stage of the hiring process!
[Related: Preparing Strong Questions to End a Job Interview]
Dave Kerpen, the CEO of Likeable Local and author of Likeable Social Media, recently queried a few members from the exclusive Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC). YEC is comprised of some of the world’s most promising young entrepreneurs. He asked them to share which singular query impressed applicants have asked during interviews – or what questions they wish prospective employees would pose.
Recently, he took to LinkedIn to share the answers received from participants as well as his personal favorite question.
Check out these top picks!
1. What information would make me the ideal candidate for this position? —Dan Pickett, cofounder of Launch Academy
2. Where do you envision this role in the next three years? —Jared Brown, cofounder of Hubstaff
3. What’s the most frustrating part of working here? —Avery Fisher, president of Remedify
4. Who’s your ideal candidate and how can I make myself more like them? —Phil Laboon, president of Eyeflow Internet Marketing
5. How did you get your start? —Jayna Cooke, CEO of EVENTup
6. What keeps you up at night? —Kofi Kankam, CEO of Admit.me
7. What concerns/reservations do you have about me for this position? —John Berkowitz, co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer of Yodle
8. How will the work I’ll be doing contribute to the organization’s mission? —Dave Kerpen, founder, and CEO of Likeable Local.
Click here to read the full LinkedIn post.
This article was originally published on Business Insider. More by Business Insider on Levo:
[Related: Your Guide to Top Job Interview Questions and Answers]