JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Mortgage Underwriter II
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Mortgage Underwriter at JPMorgan Chase
Review customer information such as applications, customer income, including salary, and self-employment. Review asset documentation for credit eligibility.
· Price mortgages for appropriate risk/reward trade-off; review product, and pricing issues; and
negotiate acceptable terms.
· Recommend solutions for Mortgage Banking customers to achieve an effective balance of volume,
profitability, and risk.
· Partner with the Mortgage Banking Sales Team to resolve issues related to credit policy.
· Review personal and business returns, purchase contracts, credit reports, appraisals and interpret
and analyze all pertaining financial information.
· Have a strong working understanding of Fannie and Freddie Mac guidelines.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
· Ensure that Corporate standard are met for underwriting and compliance standards.
· Review appraisals to make sure they meet investor’s guidelines.
· Calculate customer debts to income ratio
· Calculate borrower’s income.
· Review customer's credit report to verify liabilities and Debt assignments.
· Review tax returns to verify income accuracy and calculations.
· Complete a minimum of 8 conventional reviews daily.
· Identify risk issues and any potential fraud issues.
· Determine loan conditions and communicate loan decisions.
· Utilize sound judgment to independently make decisions.