Chicago International Charter School
I choose work that colors people's lives with meaningful opportunities and experiences
Arts, Culture, History, Architecture, Entertainment, and Non-profit Management.
Chicago International Charter School
Interim Development Coordinator
July 2013 — September 2013
Maintained accurate gift records in development CRM database.
Acknowledged donor contributions in writing.
Researched donor prospects and updated current donor records.
Prepared contribution reports for end of year account reconciliation and annual report.
Designed collateral materials including fliers, and donor recognition materials.
Created and updated website content.
Independent Contractor, Membership and Conference Programming
January 2013 — June 2013
• Served as the primary contact for use of the abstract management software system by; answering emails and phone inquiries, preparing weekly reports, resolving technical issues, and suggesting enhancements (over 2,000 submissions).
• Monitored and tracked receipt speaker information for Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC).
• Coordinated travel and prepared abstract submission report for Scientific Programming Committee.
• Served as primary contact to members of the International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART), ensuring delivery of membership benefits.
• Consistently maintained membership database, including the processing of member applications and renewals.
• Conceptualized and fully designed membership printed brochures, join/renewal forms, and special interest group applications.
• Prepared membership, chapter, budget, mailing and other reports as necessary.
• Monitored website to ensure information is current.
Larz Anderson Auto Museum
Intern, Museum Studies, Development, Programming
June 2012 — September 2012
• Implemented database system for tracking individual and organizational records for ticketing, membership, and donations.
• Streamlined front gate ticketing and membership process for outdoor lawn events, utilizing new technology.
• Coordinated storytelling event, MotorMouth: A Vehicle of Human Experience.
• Edited museum exhibit book.
Boston Children's Hospital
Communications and Events Coordinator
September 2011 — August 2012
• Chose design firm, and managed creation of print and digital assessment tool for 1600 Head Start programs nationwide, including budget, contracting, and evaluation of the tool.
• In collaboration with design firm, created a visual identity system (VIS) including images, Power Points, and exhibit materials.
• Wrote and implemented plan for website development, and managed ongoing revision of website content.
• Oversaw production of print and web based materials/resources, while ensuring full accessibility.
• Used DonorPerfect to track the development of new clients, and to create reports regarding business development.
• Maintained communications with partner organizations, design firms, and grant funders.
• Designed promotional materials related to the National Center on Parent, Family, and Community Engagement.
• Coordinated and supported special events such as nationwide trainings, conference presentations, and meetings, including vendor communication, catering coordination, invitation and materials production, registration, A/V and space needs, and hotel needs.
Boston Children's Hospital
Administrative Associate IV
October 2010 — August 2011
• Built, maintained, and managed 3 online databases for reviewing literature, and tracking event activity.
• Corresponded with all constituent groups and individuals through e-mail, phone, and in-person contact.
• Created and maintained monthly reporting systems for financial management, and work progress.
• Coordinated weekly and monthly meetings, and organizational participation in regional and national conferences, including meeting space, hotel arrangements, and participant dinners.
• Managed and updated professional and organizational calendars.
IU Office of Sustainability
Paid Internship , Green Event Coordination
June 2010 — August 2010
• Researched, wrote, and implemented a Green Event Planning Guide for the IU Community.
• Created and implemented the first fully integrated online multimedia Green Event Certification System.
• Acted as Green Event Coordination Consultant to students, faculty, and staff.
Freelance Event Coordination, Bloomington, IN
Special Event and Wedding Coordination
May 2010 — August 2010
• Conceptualized and implemented dinner celebration reception for 160 guests
• Collaborated with client, and graphic designer to create mailings.
• Created budget for the use of catering, AV equipment, dinnerware, linen, décor, and personnel.
• Organized and created schedule of events, to maximize efficiency and man-power.
• Collaborated with client to form the menu, décor, layout, and aesthetic quality of the event.
Indiana University Bloomington, Center for Human Growth
June 2008 — August 2010
• Maintained and updating confidential client records, reports, and files.
• Maintained office communication to clients by answering front desk telephones, meeting and greeting visitors, orienting clients to the office, and answering e-mail inquiries.
• Recorded financial transactions between Center for Human Growth and clients.
• Trained hourly student employees.
• Managed special projects assigned by the Director for the Center for Human Growth.
Indiana Memorial Union/IMUB
Centennial Event Planning Assistant
March 2009 — December 2009
• Collaborated with committee to organize a weekend-long reunion for 318 Alumni Members.
• Consulted with graphic designer to create, compile, and disseminate 1000 printed invitation, and reservation packets.
• Planned and implemented an online registration system with a team of website developers.
• Maintained records of payment, attendance, and contact information.
Indiana Memorial Union Board (IMUB)
Director of Comedy
January 2008 — January 2009
• Presented concept description proposals, detailed budgets, and after event evaluations, to fellow board members weekly.
• Conceptualized, proposed, budgeted, implemented, and evaluated Indiana University College Comedy Festival 3 (IUCCF3), Second City, and 5Student Troupe Co-sponsorships.
• Introduced comedic lecture program format to IU, with Max Brooks Lecture.
• Implemented stronger student troupe contractual agreements for advertising, content, and collaborative expectations between student comedy troupes and IMUB.
• Researched, organized, and proposed the following programs: IUCCF4, Max Brooks Lecture, Flight of the Conchords (Spring ‘09 Little 500 show), Comedy All-Stars, Student Troupe Co-sponsorship Fall/Spring, Madrigal, and Flight of the Conchords.
• Negotiated contracts on behalf of IMUB with Greater Talent Network, and Dirty South Improv Company.
Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, Theatre and Drama
Lake Central High School
Master of Science (M.S.), M.S. Arts Administration