November 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
I'm a fashion stylist with expertise in styling editorials, look books and advertising campaigns. I have a clear understanding of the U.S, UK and Australian fashion markets.
• ModeWalk is an online personal styling website. Featured by Vogue, New York Times and Style.com, ModeWalk.com is your fashion concierge.
• MFD is an online resource containing listings for established and rising talent for fashion campaigns, editorials, catalogs and other pre- and post-production needs across Manhattan, USA and Melbourne, Australia; features fashion-related listings focusing on up and coming talent in these two markets, including numerous resources such as interviews with established fashion icons and experts.
• Work involves creating strategy for growth, including analyzing trends, news, reader interest, and creating magazine content across Australia and New York accordingly.
• Leads editorial, including creating and maintaining editorial calendar for planning of coverage and follow-up of stories.
• Leads the team of editors including graphic designers and art directors, and also contributes to content in areas of expertise (i.e., fashion, art and tradeshow events).
• Leads all aspects of marketing strategy and execution for MFD, including leveraging social media (e.g., twitter), and maintaining an active, timely blog.
• Maintains a deep global network across showrooms, including art directors, photographers, and hair and make-up artists.
• Highlights include producing and curating 'MARIPOLARAMA' for L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival 2009. This work involved conceptualizing, producing and supporting American artist’s exhibition of photography and film in Australia. The exhibition included polaroids by Maripol featuring portraits of Madonna, Deborah Harry, Grace Jones, Anna Sui, Sade, Keith Haring, Vincent Gallo, Jerry Hall, Andy Warhol and other NY hipsters.
• Created and managed this NY-based, online, trend-forecasting company for fashion and style related industries with correspondents in LA, Paris, Melbourne, Tokyo and Berlin. Sold fashion trend stories and did event management. Company vision came from market need, particularly among buyers, for foreign access to the latest NY trend information presented in a timely, focused and usable way.
• Creative team collected and delivered trend information forecasting the newest products, brands, and fashion collections of tomorrow, reviewing the marketplace at all stages of the design development and merchandising process.
• Highlights included: Showcased film Downtown 81 in Melbourne, Australia; showcased fashion film for The Stitches and Craft Show in Melbourne, Australia, during L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival.
• Trend forecasting for both womenswear and menswear, across global retail as well as emerging street trends, including: denim direction, textiles, key silhouettes, active inspiration, mood boards, seasonal PANTONE color stories, graphics & packaging (surface and texture for packaging concepts, and graphic direction).
• Worked as freelance editor for clients including New York based Fashion agencies producing and executing fashion-forward photo shoots front-to-back, including casting and booking (photographers, models, stylists).
• Deepened growing network of sources, colleagues and team members across New York City showrooms.
• Editorial Clients: New York Times, New York Post, Flaunt, Soma, Glamour, Black Book, Bust, Lifetime, Flux, New Design, Pride, Magnet, Dolce Vita, T. magazine, Quadrafoil, Gentlemen’s options, & Instyle. Advertising Clients: L’Oreal, Timberland, Kay Unger New York, Paul Stuart, Victoria’s Secret, I-man cosmetics, Motrin, Cache, Serjeant Australia, Dimension one spa, Sequence records. Celebrity Clients: Amanda Hearst, Paris Hilton, Hal Rubenstein, Kal Penn, Kristin Davis, Margaret Cho, Lizzie West, Iman, Jane Rosenthal, Shakara, Metro Area & Sofi Bonde.
• Conceptualized and managed Paris photo shoots, tracked trends and wrote trend stories for this New York-based fashion publication that features the latest trends in photography, graphic design, music and style.
• Produced and executed Paris-based, fashion-forward photo shoots front-to-back, independently and within a small budget, including casting and booking (photographers, models, stylists).
• Forecasted fashion trends for editorials, traveling to various international cities.
• Developed broad, deep network of sources, colleagues and team members, cultivating relationships at showrooms across countries and expertise. Maintained strong relationships with art directors, photographers, and hair and make-up artists across Paris, London and New York City.