September 2011 — Present
Internal Audit Risk and Compliance
• Regulatory Compliance/Attestation: Participated in attestation examinations to evaluate regulatory compliance on behalf of a communications service provider related to payphone service provider compensation.
• General IT Control Testing: Performed general IT controls testing including logical access, change management, and computer operations for a client in the telecom industry.
• Internal Audit/Sarbanes Oxley Assistance: Assisted management of a business equipment client with testing internal controls for SOX 404 compliance. Testing includes documenting control processes, evaluating control design and operational effectiveness.
• Financial Statement Audit: Participated in financial statement audits of clients in various industries including private investment, specialty chemicals, and a state public authority, by completing a short term audit rotation. Responsibilities included substantive testing over Inventory, Cash, Investments, Liabilities, and an evaluation over the fair presentation of the financial statements as a whole.
• Controls Assessment: Performed an end-to-end review of a banking client’s cash management process to identify security vulnerabilities and control gaps and recommend best practices.