UBX - United Business Xpress
Human Resources Director
June 2012 — Present
As a one-person Human Resources Department, my responsibilities are spread in various aspects of the Company's operations.
My responsibilities include:
- Medical Benefits Administrator
- COBRA Administrator
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Compliance
- Report Workers' Compensation Claims
- Assist with Payroll
- Recruiter for Office Staff, CDL and Non-CDL drivers, Warehouse Workers, Logistics Staff, Sales, Customer Service, and more. (For all 13 locations in: CA, NJ, NY, MA, VA, FL, TX, WA, IL, TN, GA)
- Mediate Employee Issues
- Create Performance Improvement Plans (PIPS)
- Create and Implement Company Policies
- Extensive knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Establish and Maintain Up-to-Date Driver Qualification Files (for DOT/FMSCA compliance)
- Conduct periodic meetings with Legal, Risk Management, and Insurance Teams to ensure Company compliance
- Process Background Checks
- Make Hiring Decisions
- Process Pre-Employment, Random, Post-Accident, and Reasonable Suspicion Drug Screenings
- Create Company Handbook (and update, when necessary)
- Assisted in designing new HRIS program
- Manage Company Paid Time Off Records and Policies
- Stay up-to-date with State and Federal laws, including the State of California
- In-person and virtual hiring
- Create job descriptions
- Create and implement Fleet Safety Handbook, Emergency Action Plans, and Illness and Injury Prevention Handbooks.
- OSHA Compliance
- ACA Reporting
- EEOC-1 Reporting
When I was hired at EZ Worldwide Express, the Company did not have an established HR department. Over the past 3+ years, I have done a lot of evaluating and planning for Operations in order to change current procedures and create new policies and procedures to ensure Company success and compliance.