16-19 Manager and Centre Manager at Bellenden Old School
April 2010 — Present
Project management of the transition of the High Needs Students (HNS) budget from the Education Funding Authority (EFA) to Southwark Council. HNS are young people with a statement of special educational needs that are moving into post-16 education and training.
Co-ordinate, lead and influence a collaboration of colleagues in the authority working to implement the new arrangements including data, legal, 14-19 and finance teams.
Negotiate with local institutions to commission student placements and agree costs, manage provider relationships with over 35 institutions across London, facilitate development of Southwark Council's strategy in this area, monitor national post-16 SEN policy and identify and apply good practice.
Additional responsibilities as Bellenden Old School Centre Manager. Tasks include:
- Supervison of Premises Officer.
- Liaison with leaseholders.
- Management of external suppliers confirming that service level agreements are maintained.
- Monitoring compliance with the council’s health and safety policy.
- Processing invoices relating to the site.
- Oversight of room bookings for meetings and events.
- Wrote a bid for additional funding from the EFA to support High Needs Students coordinating activity and input with colleagues from finance and SEN. Secured an £500K uplift to the council's funding allocation.