UBC Group Plc
September 2011 — Present
Technologies : Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Roo, Hibernate, JPA, PostgreSQL, SpringSource Tool Suite, Apache Solr/Lucene, MongoDb, HornetQ, Maven, Tomcat, JBoss
Description: Unique Interactive is the software division of the New Unique Broadcasting Company, providing high-end broadcast software solutions to radio industry around the world. Unique Interactive’s Electronic Programme Guide scheduling tool is used by several radio stations across the word like BBC, Sirius XM, SBS Radio, etc. UK Radioplayer (radioplayer.co.uk) brings all UK radio stations at one place. Unique Interactive developed the UK Radioplayer’s backend solution to handle the station’s metadata and search APIs. Unique Interactive has also developed search engine solution for other clients like Fred Olsen Cruise Lines.
• Designed and developed Service Group facility for Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) to help in the management and maintenance of radio station groups like BBC and Bauer.
• Redesigned the ingest module for UK Radioplayer’s metadata by following the best practices in java concurrency.
• Implemented downstream system for UK Radioplayer based on MongoDb to serve multiple client devices like smartphone and connected TV.
• Played a key role in the design and development of Search solution for Fred Olsen Cruise Lines.
• Designed an application for UK Radioplayer to cache station’s image resources in Amazon S3, so that images are always (99.999%) available irrespective of the station’s website availability.
• Used Scrum & TDD approach throughout the development of the system.
• Ensured quality for deliverables through processes like code review, unit testing, integration testing, etc.