The Dean Family
October 2005 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Husband at The Dean Family
Retail Store Manager Job Purpose: Serves customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff.
Retail Store Manager Job Duties:
Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Assess injuries, administer emergency medical care, and extricate trapped individuals. Transport injured or sick persons to medical facilities.
- Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital setting.
- Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment, and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.
- Observe, record, and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs and treatment.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as stomach suction, airway management and heart monitoring, during ambulance ride.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assisting and Caring for Others -- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment -- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
- Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Performing General Physical Activities -- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.