Licensor Leader for HDHPLUS(R) Technology
January 2010 — Present
• HDHPLUS(R) Technology Licensor leader supporting Puerto La Cruz Refinery Deep Conversion Project to implement the technology in first commercial plant
• Assigned as Project Chief of conceptual engineering package for Metal Recovery Unit to recover catalytic metals from unconverted product of HDHPLUS(R) technology. This development represents a reduction of 90 % of the total metals in catalyst consumption of DC RPLC project.
• Performed Process Safety Review, HAZOP and SIL studies for high pressure hydroconversion process unit, heavy residue vacuum distillation unit, slops handling and emergency depressuring units
• Performed 3D modeling of high pressure slurry piping layout and equipment location in accordance to technology specifications
• Performed and support catalyst activity studies to allowed sour water usage as sulfuring agent. This work represented a cost reduction of annual 300 M$ to the company
• Support to procurement teams in technical assurances of HDHPLUS technology critical equipment selection
• Assigned as HDHPLUS(R) Project Chief of Basic Engineering Package for Metal Recovery Unit. (Currently under development)
• Support the modeling of HDHPLUS(R) Slurry Feed Heater for dynamic responses under start-up, shutdown and upsets conditions.
• Assigned as licensor coordinator for operator training system (OTS) development for the commercial plant in DC RPLC project.