Process safety standards and company culture development - Creating clear and cost effective process safety standards. Developing a project management and design engineering work environment that successfully utilizes and practices process safety.
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
Aided in developing and writing the APSC's Process Safety Process and Guidelines. Guidelines include specific design risk level requirements to achieve corporate risk level acceptance for existing/installed risk and proposed process changes. Managing and reducing installed risk by validating baseline HAZOP-LOPA scenario...
Working at the corporate level for a E&P company as Process Safety Risk Manager.
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
May 2012 — Present
I am currently working in the Operations Engineering department as a Process Engineer focusing on process safety initiatives.
- Helped with the development and publication of the APSC PHA process. This includes setting specific requirements for making changes to TAPS covered systems.
- Development and training of the APSC HAZOP-LOPA process and guidelines
- Supporting the project management and Project Engineering groups by ensuring changes being made are done in accordance with APSC Process Safety Requirements.
- Working to reduce installed risk by making recommendations that meet requirements set by APSC.
- Working with Facilities Engineering to reduce Tier3 and Tier4 Process Safety risk involving PSV's.
December 2009 — May 2012
Engineering support for the Colorado operations. Safe, cost effective and timely management of $1M - $10MM project spend. Projects include infrastructure, civil, pipeline and process optimization. Responsibilities include the following: • Implementation of Lean Sigma principles to identify and implement cost savings changes.
• Support operations by resolving safety concerns and process inefficiencies.
• Ensuring PSM documentation and requirements for projects are thoroughly completed and documented.
• Ensuring that projects are executed incident free, within +/- 10% of budgeted amount and are executed as scheduled.
Facilities Engineer / PSM and MOC Coordinator
September 2006 — December 2009
MOC/PSM Coordinator - Alaska Operations
Chevron North America Exploration and Production, Anchorage, AK 2007-2010
Successfully managed the MOC and PSM program for 13 offshore platforms and 3 onshore facilities. Implemented a new MOC process and IT tool at the facilities mentioned above. Supervised a team of three people who supported the MOC and PSM program. The team included a drafter, Information Management Specialist and IT Tool Support Technician.
• Ensured compliance with OSHA Standards 29 CFR 1910-119 - Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals.
• Successful engagement and support of the Facilities Engineering, Operations, Drilling and Completions, HES, and the Asset Integrity groups.
• Development and support of direct reports.
• Participation in the MOC/PSM Chevron global community of practice to implement the MOC process that is now in place.
April 2002 — September 2006
Process engineer for two sulfuric acids plants, one water treatment plant, granular fertilizer plant and load out facilities. Bi-annual plant turnaround engineering support and planning.
• Achieved an excellent relationship with the operations personnel based on consistent and reliable service. • Energy management and improvement lead for all lease plants.
• Management of various plant maintenance and turnaround activities
• Reactor catalyst removal, screening and installation management
• Acid distribution removal, screening and process material management
• Management of chemical additives account for water treatment plant and sulfuric acid pants i.e.; corrosion inhibitor, scale inhibitors, flocculants.
• Process design lead and installation of acid demister system
May 2000 — April 2002
Process engineer at Soda Ash chemical plant and facility coal fired and natural gas power plants. Day to day engineering support for Soda Ash operations and facility power plants.
• Lead 6 month mothball effort of Soda Ash plant.
• Supervision of 12-15 production operators during simultaneous mothballing effort..
• Responsible for power plant MOC process and compliance
• Plant testing and implementation of boiler camera to improve safety and optimize burner performance • Optimization and waste reduction of coal conveying system
University of Wyoming
Bachelors of Science, Chemical Engineering minor Petroleum Engineering