Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
August 2015 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
• Assist patrons with locating, checking out and returning library books and materials
• Perform customer service by answering patron's questions, directing them to proper offices and demonstrating use of law library catalog system
• Review contracts and draft compliance notes for non-legal offices to ensure proper adherence to agreements and avoid violations
• Assist in implementation and organization of new contract logging software
• Complete legal research as requested by Senior Vice President and General Counsel
• Research law school rankings and peer school curriculums
• Examine complaints in over 300 copyright cases to determine industry of plaintiff and defendant to compile spreadsheet used for later analysis
• Analyzed case files for legal issues, researched case law, drafted memoranda and recommended action on cases involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967.
• Organized investigative plans to outline next steps and prepare for possible litigation in discrimination investigations by determining witnesses to interview and arranging interview outlines and documents to request.
• Interviewed charging parties and accused employers about alleged claims of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
• Drafted charges of discrimination for charging parties asserting discrimination against employers summarizing the facts of the allegations for the charging party to review and notifying employers of pending charges.
• Compiled and maintained database of more than 500 adjunct faculty members, including contact information, compensation, classes taught and university identification numbers
• Assisted adjunct faculty with course preparation; posted textbooks, uploaded syllabi and readings to student site
• Aided Associate Deans with special projects involving confidential faculty matters, prepared faculty course release requests and coordinated student evaluations
• Reviewed and analyzed student course evaluations to determine faculty awards, flag issues and track data
• Completed research projects for the Faculty Planning Committee
• Reviewed and catalogued discovery production in cases involving thousands of digital and hard copy files
• Evaluate consumer mail, determined possible courses of action, forwarded to proper departments and drafted responses on consumer fraud, home loan modification, timeshares and other consumer complaints
• Performed legal research, drafted memoranda and briefed senior attorneys and working groups on cases involving consumer fraud, residential mortgage backed securities and financial information
• Developed legal writing, editing and citation skills by reviewing briefs and motions for proper citations and references before filing
• Staffed satellite office of the largest full service suburban law firm in Western New York, with over 40 attorneys
• Organized the move of over 30 years of legal files as part of the merger of two law firms
• Created and maintained office filing system from scratch after merger occurred
• Drafted letters to clients and opposing counsel to keep them briefed on ongoing cases
• Served subpoenas to law firms, businesses and private individuals on behalf of the law firm
• Supported three attorneys with court preparation by scheduling court dates, contacting other attorneys and witnesses and categorizing and maintaining discovery productions.