Manager, Industrial Partners Program & Alumni Relations
April 2007 — April 2013
• Managed partnership program consisting of 21 companies, advised companies on recruiting strategy, built and maintained relationships with recruiters, independently hosted and managed logistics, advertising and execution of 50+ partner events per academic year.
• Expanded tiered membership structure to include startup companies, diversifying the partner base and providing varied career opportunities to our students.
• Initiated series of employer-hosted resume reviews and mock interview sessions for students.
• Counseled students on resumes, job search strategies, interviews and offer negotiation; created office hours to host ~100 meetings with CS students per academic year.
• Grew number of partners by 62% from 2007 to 2013 and increased program revenue by 31% from 2008 to 2013.
• Managed alumni relations for the department including hosting social media groups, planning and executing annual reunion and collaborating with individual alums on recruiting strategies.
• Created and published the CS alumni magazine, Conduit, twice per year (Editor-in-Chief).
• Managed internal and external communications for the department, created content and collaborated with faculty on news releases, Conduit articles, events and website/graphic design; assisted Brown PAUR with media inquiries and managed/collaborated with student workers tasked with creating video content for the department website.
• Planned and coordinated all logistics of annual Symposium on topics of interest to computer science community. Collaborated with faculty host to secure speakers and bring in audience of peers from Brown as well as other academic institutions, corporations and alumni.