Pageone Communications Ltd.
August 2001 — Present
Provide value-added wireless mobile messaging solutions for business communication.
During my experience with PageOne, I have overseen,
1. Migration from legacy hardware-based telecom services to multi-site Java / Weblogic services resulting in improved service resilience, operational efficiency and cost savings. Master data extracted from various sources such as - Informix database, proprietary file system databases - and consolidated together in LDAP based NDS directory and SQL database. Both NDS and SQL database are replicated for high-availability.
2. Development of online Messaging platform 'Oventus' with various services to meet a variety of customers' demands. It offers online portal and direct SOAP/REST based interfaces for managing critical messaging.
Organisations can create and manage multi-tiered accounts using self-provisioning service. Recently the system has extended its functionality to smart devices such as - iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 8 - to provide an enhanced location-based experience to users.
3. A smooth transition of our team from using Waterfall development methodology to an Agile-based development approach with the team effectively using Kanban to manage monthly deliverables, and using pair-programming when necessary. The improvement in team communication, collaboration and morale has been significant. The introduction of Jira issue tracking software has given a higher visibility of software development and issues resolution to senior management.
4. Development of customer services portal to integrate daily business processes with backend CRM and billing system. Over the years many new features have been added to this product to speed up the account provisioning, user services management and information lookup, making it an indispensible part of the business.
5. Execution and delivery of various bespoke projects for customers.
6. Regular review of coding standards, source control management, build processes and testing.