The University of Kansas
Information Technology Manager
January 2012 — Present
Provide leadership, oversight, and vision for technology staff and IT services offered in School of Business. Supervise staff of four employees, including hiring, training, development, & workload management. Develop & implement long-term strategies for deployment & maintenance of all supported technology services & operations, including hardware, software, mobile devices, & classroom technologies.
Manage $168K technology operations budget.
• Saved $90K by migrating 2.5TB of data to University Central File Storage & eliminating 4 servers and 2 NAS units.
• Eliminated network security vulnerability by centralizing management of administrative rights to faculty workstations in conjunction with KU IT Security, Workstation Support, and School of Business Faculty.
• Increased percentage of incidents solved within 24 hours by 5%.
• Improved communication and collaboration for >300 faculty and staff by implementing Microsoft Lync.
• Improved event-planning efficiency & developed faculty connections to business & industry by designing & developing a Drupal / MySQL web application to manage guest speaker visits to School of Business students.
• Negotiated license agreement with IBM for use of SPSS Modeler software in new graduate business analytics certificate program.
• Expanded technology offerings by providing virtual access to Minitab software for >110 students in Decision Sciences courses
• Reduced cost of School of Business Wall Street Journal subscriptions by >25% by switching from print to digital delivery for 2000 School of Business constituents.
• Developed advanced knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager 2012, ServiceNow helpdesk ticketing software, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Internet Information Server 7, Windows Server 2008, & Proteus networking software.