Brand Management, Customer Experience, Marketing Strategy, New Product Launch, Social Media Dance, Fashion, Golden Age Cinema, Jazz, Breakfast Foods, Fitness, Travel, Nutrition, Environmental Sustainability
San Francisco, CA
Marketing professional passionate about creating positive, meaningful customer experiences through well-loved brands. Experienced working with startups managing their Marketing Strategy, executing Market Research and Business Development. Interested in pursuing a brand management role within the lifestyle industry. Bes...
"Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail."
Independent Marketing Consultant
October 2013 — Present
• Developed and executed the Marketing function for portfolio of small business clients, based on relationships created at Barre Fitness
• Conducted market research to determine market positioning and client targeting for niche services (for Photography client)
• Conceptualized and executed content-rich and engaging social campaigns, increasing Twitter and Instagram followers by 13% and 40%, respectively in the first month (for Nutritionist client)
• Redesigned monthly e-newsletter to improve ease of navigation, increasing URL click through rates by 116% (for Nutritionist client)
SFU Summer Camps
Since 1967 the Simon Fraser University Camps Program has been committed to serving its participants and ensuring a positive experience is had by all. The SFU Camps Program exists to foster fun and skill development through physical activity, educational programming and creative endeavors in a safe, inclusive and positive environment. We are committed to establishing a workplace that is student-centred and focused on mentorship and leadership development, while executing a program that is founded on best practice and collaboration. We strive for excellence in all areas and take pride in being a leader in program safety, camp selection and instructor quality.
• Awarded two Staff of the Week awards, one for managing and engaging groups upwards of 300 children campers, and second for exercising discretion in dealing with staff not performing to expectations
• Established lesson plans and key camp components for So You Think You Can Dance Camp involving the scheduling of facilities bookings, instructor hiring and conducting performance reviews for instructors and volunteers
Bombay Brow Bar
Market Research & Business Analyst (Contract)
October 2013 — December 2013
Founded by brow-obsessed sisters, Ravy Mehroke and Amy Minhas, Bombay Brow Bar is a homegrown beauty business dedicated to satisfying your brow and beauty obsessions. In just under three years, the business has expanded to three locations across Vancouver including Yaletown, Kitsilano and the Shangri-La Hotel.
• Collected and analyzed data to assess market feasibility for a new product launch, identifying key strategies based on research performed
Operations and Marketing Manager
October 2010 — October 2013
Barre Fitness is a boutique fitness studio in Vancouver, BC offering an efficient 1 hour total body workout that combines the best elements of ballet barre, pilates, sports conditioning and stretching, guaranteed to transform and sculpt your entire body. Barre Fitness is dedicated to creating a culture of quality, fitness and fun for everyone! Creating happiness through health...one plié at a time!
• Increased annual membership by 44% as a result of maintaining consistency of brand and client experience across all touch points
• Increased client retention by 16% over prior year by analyzing new client acquisition sales, cross referencing with subsequent purchases, and recommending improvements to owners for future retention programs.
• Increased annual sales by 27% by developing and executing content-rich and engaging social programs
• Increased URL click through rates by 42% and 46% per bit.ly and ow.ly link tracking data for Facebook and Twitter, respectively
• Designed new brand imagery, stock photos and promotional material templates, resulting in brand consistency across corporate and franchised locations’ marketing initiatives
• Improved quality of operations and customer experience by designing, documenting, implementing and monitoring manual procedures for studio staff
• Created genuine client experiences, by greeting every client by first name and cultivating a welcoming, nurturing, and motivating environment, consistent with brand core values
• Developed the business through establishment of strategic partnerships and assisting franchisee with operational and marketing initiatives
• Collaborated with local business owners and larger corporations to assess feasibility and implementation strategies for cross-promotional initiatives and exclusive corporate rates programs.
• Responsible for managing staff of 11 and reporting directly to owners
Stylist & Merchandising Assistant
January 2008 — June 2012
Club Monaco is a dynamic, international retail concept that designs, manufactures and markets its own Club Monaco clothing, accessories and home collection. Each season, Club Monaco offers men’s and women’s updated classics and key fashion pieces that are the foundation of the modern wardrobe. The brand’s signature clean and modern style gives classics an update through great design and current sensibility. Club Monaco is the lifestyle destination for today’s urban professional.
Currently Club Monaco operates 66 stores throughout North America and has recently opened stores in Hong Kong Seoul, Korea and Dubai.
• Exceeded sales targets by an average of 33% through attentive and high quality customer service
• Organized displays and product allocation based on comprehensive understanding of visual standards
• Received accolades from Visual Managers for consistent work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
First Weekend Club
Membership Development, Intern
March 2010 — June 2010
Founded by Anita Adams in 2003, First Weekend Club is a national, non-profit organization created to help promote Canadian films and push them past their first week in the box office.
Through Q&A's with filmmakers and actors, contests, premiere parties, advance screenings, film alerts, and much more, First Weekend Club encourages members to attend opening weekend screenings in order to keep Canadian films in theatres longer.
• Conducted market research to determine comparable membership price points and benefits resulting in proposal of new membership fee structure as a fundraising revenue model for a non-profit organization
Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing
St Thomas More Collegiate
High School Diploma