Colorado Department of Revenue Enforcement Division
December 2012 — February 2016
My previous role with the Department of Revenue Enforcement Division provided me extensive experience; I crossed trained with enforcement divisions to participate in multiple projects from the Governor’s office for State of Colorado. I played an instrumental role to audit and mainstream the Licensing System and business processes to improve practices, procedures and identified waste and similarities, in addition to voicing innovated ideas for the Department of Revenue Enforcement Division, which consisted of Auto Industry Division, Division of Gaming, Liquor and Tobacco Enforcement, Marijuana Enforcement and Division of Racing Events.
I understand the importance of time management, communication, organization, and personalized service in fostering relationships and creating a first class experience in any environment.
• Interviewed and oversaw employees work to ensure accuracy and confidentiality of information was being processed, stored and accessed properly
• Approved business licenses and occupational licenses
• Verified end of day employee’s monies and prepared deposits for GARDA in addition to querying and preparing end of day revenue reports for Budget Department and Business Group
• Shaping and implementation of policies, procedures, rules, regulations and business processes
• Developed and created various training resources, training manuals and guides for new hire employees to access databases and system
• Training/process of electronic background checks and verification utilizing Government databases. Background check databases included: Federal Bureau of Investigation and Colorado Bureau of Investigations, Experian, Child Support, General Taxation, Criminal Bureau Investigation Name Check, National Crime Information, Colorado Crime Information Center, Colorado State Court Database, Denver County Database, Colorado Judicial Online Delinquencies and Association of Racing Commissioners Internal.
• Worked directly with legal team and investigators to update, edit and create State Government Forms that are posted in Government website
• Analyzed and compile revenue number reports and licenses for internal and external audits of monthly, fiscal year, and year-end reports
• Examined existing government database to implement, configure and test feasible solutions
• Prepare proposals of system modifications and potential solutions to make changes and implementation of innovated ideas to the system and presented to Director and team
• Collaborated with software developer and division team in time-frames to implement proposed solutions, and integrated new innovated business processes
• Translation for any Spanish speaking related backgrounds disclosure, investigations, drug testing, licensing issues, written testing for occupational licenses, commission ruling, legal actions, complains, citations or arrest and I was a Certified State Bilingual Notary Public