February 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Deliver all-encompassing services to concessions and restaurant owners opening new businesses. Contact and negotiate with key decision makers, develop hiring processes, train employees on sales strategy and implementation.
• Launched initial employee hiring/training program in start-up process for GrubHub.com, national online restaurant delivery/pickup service with more than 25K outlets. Directed effort to enlist participating restaurants. Secured designer for company website/branding initiative.
• Organized start-up operations for new restaurant franchise operating in Chicago’s McCormick Place, leading U.S. convention facility attracting 3M visitors annually. Developed compensation plan for employees, trained franchise owner/employees on sales strategy. Supervised contract negotiations.
FRANCHISE OWNER/NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Directed operations for 7 retail locations in Chicago area, serving more than 4M annual visitors: McCormick Place convention center, Navy Pier, University of Illinois at Chicago Pavilion and Toyota Park, home of Chicago Fire soccer team. Supervised staff of 20 employees, mentored 2 location managers to remain for 5 years, unusually long in small franchise industry. Negotiated contract terms with site management/unions. Marketed Maui Wowi Hawaiian concept of all-natural, fresh fruit smoothies and exclusive line of Kona coffee products. Recruited by Maui Wowi Hawaiian corporate office to serve as U.S. sales manager.
• Expanded operations during special events at McCormick Place and Navy Pier, boosting overall sales to $500K annually.
• Directed addition of 20+ franchise locations for Maui Wowi Hawaiian, increasing annual sales by $1M annually.
• Reduced employee turnover at Chicago locations to 10 percent annually by implementing ongoing training program and creating incentive-based process.
• Created spinoff concept for specialized coffee sales, Sippn Buddha, opening five locations. Chosen to provide concessions at Kentucky Derby.
MEDICAL SPECIALTIES DISTRIBUTORS – Stoughton, MA 1998 to 2002
Leading supplier of infusion-related products, biomedical equipment rentals/service in alternate care market.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
Cultivated/managed sales of durable medical equipment for territory covering Illinois, northern Indiana, southern Wisconsin; when hired, territory was Chicago area and southern Illinois. Led team of 8 office employees in servicing clients, focusing on insulin pump/ventilator rentals and providing preventive maintenance.
• Increased annual sales to $4.5M from $2M by introducing new rental program allowing medical facilities to share DME equipment, including ventilators, insulin pumps, orthopedic devices and air mattresses for wound care. Collaborated with 20 DME manufacturers to implement program, producing cost savings of 20 to 40 percent for manufacturers and medical facilities.
• Originated company’s involvement with hospitals, adding Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago and Oak Park Hospital in Chicago.
• Introduced rental program for ventilators, a first for company, attracting business from 20 nursing homes throughout territory. Achieved No. 1 ranking in company for ventilator sales/rentals and No. 1 ranking for overall DME sales among 52 reps.
• Doubled individual account base from 200 customers when hired to 400 the following year.
• Won account for 25 insulin pump rentals from competitor by offering better pricing and service, including repair/maintenance components, automated processing and ease of use. Trained account’s employees on new tracking system for equipment.
EBI MEDICAL – Parsippany, NJ 1996 to 1998
Maker of orthopedic products, electrical bone-growth stimulators, internal/external fixation devices; subsidiary of Biomet.
TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Enhanced metropolitan Chicago market for EBI, focusing on trauma sales. Researched marketplace to determine clinicians and medical facilities previously not targeted by company. Assisted medical professionals in operating rooms up to 5 days a week with details of company’s orthopedic and internal/external fixation devices, requiring significant knowledge of anatomy. Specialized in internal implementation, including spinal fusion, bone-growth stimulators and spinal implants.
• Expanded Chicago trauma sales operation into company’s largest, boosting revenue to $3M annually from $1.5M and serving 20 hospitals.
• Collaborated with senior sales manager to reach 250 percent of sales goals in two separate years.
• Established new client base by targeting podiatrists for first time in sales territory. Attracted more than 100 podiatrists to use EBI bone stimulators to treat diabetic foot problems, achieving 100 percent sales growth in first year.