Manager, Design Development
August 2012 — August 2014
• Track fashion-forward publications as well as trend forecasting websites.
• Present the seasonal fashion direction to cross-functional team members.
• Ensure that the trend presentation, color inspiration & print direction are trend right.
• Merchandise the assortment and accessorize each look to create trend right and cohesive messages.
• Partner with marketing to manage seasonal photo shoots for divisional marketing.
• Responsible for styling looks that mirrors the brands creative concepts.
• Partners with Director in researching/identifying seasonal fashion direction and merchandise trends.
• Partners with Director and Merchandise Managers to align design concepts with business needs.
• Accountable for print development packages, including cad/discs/technical/technique requirement.
• Drives the development of all design trims for relevant styles.
• Responsible for communication with vendors and production team in development/price negotiations of trims.
• Accountable for making timely approvals on strike-offs, embroideries and yarn dyes.
• Manage Design Development assistants, interns and temporary associates.
• Adhere to PLC calendar and deadlines.
• Drives the Design Development team in all aspects of development, including market research, mood boards, print/pattern, sketching, color and trims for their respective departments.
• Manage overseas teams in executing the vision for each style in development.
• Management of direct reports; provide a positive, challenging work environment.