Assistant Director of Personnel Administration, College of Arts and Sciences
November 2010 — Present
• Manage all aspects of the employment process for the College. Partner with departments and Human Resources to fill vacant positions, create new positions, and maintain staffing levels. Assess staff arrangements and implement departmental re-organizations when necessary. Write and update position descriptions, ensuring FLSA compliance. Analyze salary and staffing data to determine appropriate compensation. Ensure Form I-9 compliance for all new hires.
• Liaise with departments regarding compliance with the union contract, University employment policies, and Massachusetts labor laws, addressing any issues and educating administrators as necessary.
• Manage the annual performance evaluation processes for all exempt and non-exempt represented employees. Review evaluations for content, making note of potential problems, and addressing performance and disciplinary issues directly with departments and managers. Allocate salary increase pools.
• Support Director of Personnel in managing disciplinary issues. Investigate and assess incidents, determine appropriate course of action, and draft warning letters, termination letters, and performance improvement plans.
• Manage payroll of approximately 350 administrative and clerical employees and 150 academic researchers. Ensure integrity of funding sources for all employees, initiating and updating payroll and organizational management documents to reflect changes in funding, salary, and staff turnover.
• Supervise Payroll/Accounts Administrator, including hiring, training, assigning work, and evaluating performance.
• Serve as Power User and User Acceptance Tester for Boston University’s SAP implementation. Complete training on new Human Capital Management system, test enhancements to personnel, payroll, and organizational management functionalities, and support end user training and change management within the College. Work with implementation team and programmers to identify and resolve system issues.