Employee Benefits Corporation
COBRA Administration Specialist
December 2013 — February 2014
· Maintained a high level of understanding of all federal COBRA regulations and State Continuation
regulations, services and processes; full understanding of Retiree Administration, Retiree Billing and
Premium Billing services and business processes.
· Provided backup support to COBRA Customer Service queue as needed during peak phone volume.
· Answered incoming calls from Client & Participant Services.
· Generated manual carrier notices.
· Entered qualified beneficiary auto debit account information.
· Processed client terminations.
· Assisted COBRA Rate Specialist to process client rate changes.
· Updated accounts based on incoming requests.
· Processed Client/Product Terminations & Renewals.
· Managed departmental inbox and complete tasks within defined turnaround time
· Processed all COBRA forms.
· Entered Participant Takeover Forms and send letters to each participant enrolled or notified of continuation.
· Responsible for maintaining and understanding severance packages and retiree plans between clients and participants
· Responsible for requesting and maintaining all pending information requests in a timely manner.
· Researched and responded to all internal and external clients on COBRA, State Continuation, Billing Services topics
· Audited a specified percentage of completed COBRA work.
· Ran reports & payment history reports for clients