Marketing Manager, Xigris Product Team
October 2000 — February 2003
Managed marketing efforts for Xigris, a highly innovative, complex, first-in-class biotechnology product for severe sepsis. Directed global peer-to-peer connections by leading cross-functional teams, organizing conferences and building TL relationships. Managed $15M budget, built vendor and agency relationships, and planned knowledge transfer strategies for product launch. Collaborated on marketing and life-cycle plans, brand, competitive intelligence, PR, market research and publication strategies. Drove Xigris education plan and implemented practices from market creation through launch. Prepared for launch by directing roundtables and advisory boards and creating TL strategy. Supported programs to connect regions and transfer best practices. Supervised 5-person team and produced high impact results.
• Educated medical professionals about Xigris and sepsis at 15+ unique international critical care congresses, symposia, and conferences, garnering reviews of “outstanding” and “best ever” for programs.
• Gained TL commitment by repositioning potential competitors as strategic allies and collaborated with TLs to create the award-winning Surviving Sepsis Campaign to improve global standards of care.
• Developed quantifiable process to evaluate TL value and impact. Process adopted as best practice.
• Improved marketing productivity and focus by creating Marketing Citations Index (MCI) database, which distills and centralizes core marketing messages from scientific publications in order to ensure global consistency.
• Increased savings by 5 headcount and $200K by piloting and adopting online promotional material ordering system.
• Managed vendor relationships to high performance levels, guiding deliverables, projects and events within budget.