George Brown College
Shipper/Receiver (Events Cordination Unofficially)
May 2012 — Present
ship, receive and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from the Waterfront Campus.
• Meet clients and discuss the events and their needs and requirements for the event.
• Organize schedules and appointments with clients, staff, and vendors and gather program logistic deadlines.
• Upon request, classroom setup, special functions, moving of furniture, etc.
• Prepare detailed layouts (floor maps, furniture layouts and etc.) and drawings for events based on the gathered information with collaboration with the client.
• Run safety education for the staff and volunteers involved in the events (fire evacuation plans).
• Communicate event coordination details to required departments (ITAC, House Keeping, Etc.)
• Manage set-up tasks and take-downs for events.
• Problem solving issues as they arise.
• Analyze effectiveness of events to improve future events.