September 2005 — March 2008
Responsible for management of voice and data networks, contracting with telecom suppliers and transitioning systems to VOIP networks for this highly diversified and decentralized company, including integration of several disparate telephone and data networks.
• Consulted with business, information technology, and security team leaders to determine telecommunication requirements.
• Renegotiated bandwidth and maintenance contracts, achieving 25% reduction in annual costs.
• Documented and negotiated service level agreements for all circuits, PBXs, server and other network and telecommunication equipment to meet company’s business needs.
• Led deployment of VPN, RIM Blackberry, EVDO, VoIP, and Wifi services.
• Drove RFP process to provide increased bandwidth, resulting in diversity, redundancy and better pricing points with AT&T, Verizon, XO, WBS, Level3, Abovenet, TimeWarner, NTT, & Qwest
• Provided telecom support for design and construction of new corporate data center in Washington State, meeting all project schedules and goals.
• Started RFP process for VOIP with Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Mitel, and PingTel