Maria Droste Counseling Services
May 2012 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Clinician at Maria Droste Counseling Services, MSW, LCSW
Provided one-on-one counseling services, outreach care, and case management for at-risk middle school students. Worked in partnership with staff members to help run the AIP Afterschool Program.
Helped prevent out-of-home therapeutic placement for children and adolescents with intensive mental health needs. Advised clinical teams on the use of home-based care while providing direction on out-of-home processes and discharge planning.
• Worked collaboratively with Magellan Utilization Management to endorse least restrictive level of care.
• Helped develop, implement, and manage a program to monitor utilization of outpatient services.
• Provided trainings on out-of-home care practices for Intensive Case Managers.
Provided case management services for children and adolescents with mental health needs. Ensured continuity of care through the coordination of in-home and community based services. Arranged services that were accessible and individualized to meet the needs of each child and family’s unique culture and background.
• Assisted in the development and implementation of measurable treatment plans.
• Utilized effective engagement and coordination techniques to ensure treatment goals were being met.
• Demonstrated strong facilitation skills, while maintaining a strengths based meeting environment.
Assisted in advising students and parents about educational and cultural opportunities abroad while preparing for and supporting incoming international exchange students.
Provided clinical support for adolescents in residential treatment. Assisted with client care, unit activities, role modeling, crisis intervention, therapeutic group facilitation, and daily case staffings.
Corazon Research Projects
Assisted in a mixed-methods pilot study examining resilience in two Hispanic samples:
1) community leaders and citizens and 2) individuals identified as heavy substance users at a local rehabilitation center.
Social Psychology Research Lab
Assisted in a study that investigated perceptions of sexual harassment as a function of mating strategy.