Black Stone IP, LLC
Director of Sales
December 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Account Manager with 5+ years of B2B field experience at Thomson Reuters – Legal. Consistent success and goal achievement in sales, management and client adoption of Thomson Reuters solutions and software. Responsible for all legal workflow solutions including information, software, business development and professional development solutions. Work closely with complex clients consisting of large and global law firms in New York and the Bay Area.
Primary product line responsibilities include WestlawNext, Westlaw, Practical Law Company, Monitor Suite, West LegalEdcenter, Business Law Center, Thomson Innovation, and Drafting Assistant, Knowledge Management, Case Notebook. As part of the Thomson Reuters Account Management team, I work to provide law firms with unrivaled legal solutions that integrate content, expertise and technologies. The work flow tools Thomson Reuters develops enables law firms to more efficiently practice, manage and grow their business to better serve their clients. Our business development solutions help law firms identify growth pathways and manage information needed to effectively implement high-impact business development strategies.
Thomson Reuters invests heavily in innovation, creating connected tools and services to help law firms streamline their processes, collaborate with colleagues and clients and easily leverage critical information and insights.
West Account Manager, US Core Legal
• Manage and negotiate contracts for all Thomson Reuters software and solutions at 31 large and global law firms. Cultivate strong customer relationships while promoting usage and revenue growth objectives.
• Attain over 100% achievement for revenue and sales goals, and over 100% of solution adoption goal.
• Excellent understanding of legal technology and software sales. Excellent organization and presentation skills, regularly teach CLE courses on legal research and TR software solutions. Work close with C level and Executive Directors.
• Identify and drive solution sales and contract renewals. Promote business development. Use CRM tool to analyze usage data and prepare business reviews and executive summaries.
• Manage 46 large and global law firm accounts on all Thomson Reuters legal products. Cultivate strong customer relationships, while promoting usage and revenue growth objectives.
• Consistently surpass segment goals. Identify and drive solution sales and contract renewal.
• Analyze usage data and prepare business reviews and executive summaries.
Excellent proficiency in Westlaw legal research, as well as other West litigation tools and solutions– WestlawNext, West Case Notebook, West KM. Conducted large scale trainings and sales demonstrations on various legal topics.
• Felony Preliminary Hearings unit, had exclusive responsibility of running felony preliminary hearings in the Second Department.
• Managed felony case load, including appearing at pre-trial hearings, witness interviews, discovery preparation.
• Drafted motions and oppositions including motions to suppress, motions to continue, and motions to dismiss.
Legal work dealing with products liability, personal injury, wage and hour, construction defect, and toxic tort. Extensive research and memorandum writing. Assisted with two mediation conferences and acted as interpreter to Russian clients.
Researched and drafted district court briefs for ongoing criminal litigation. Assisted in all aspects of trial preparation for narcotics smuggling cases. Developed strategic marketing plan for the national Project Safe Childhood Initiative.