'Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.'
My passions lie in the intersection of discovery and reporting to write interesting and meaningful stories that highlight oft-overlooked people, places and things and connect our global sensibilities.
Traveling the world with a pair of surfboards reporting and exploring the connections between the people in the water and their lives outside of it.
January 2010 — March 2010
● Beat reporter in Manhattan covering crime, fire and death.
● Followed every murder committed in Manhattan from January to March 2010, culminating in a newsroom wide series, “Tracking Manhattan’s Murders.”
● Interviewed fire and police chiefs, dictated stories, wrote enterprise pieces on crime and school districts.
May 2009 — September 2009
● Oversaw the “30-Under-30” issue.
● Shot and produced videos, designed graphics and wrote daily stories for Inc.com.
● Researched, reported and wrote stories and fact-checked information for the monthly magazine.
The New York Times
November 2008 — July 2009
● Co-created the official Fort Greene, Brooklyn local blog.
● Beat reported on housing projects, transportation and crime and wrote a regular series on city officials.
● Created multi-media slideshows, videos and flash graphics.
Masters , Journalism
May 20, 2009
Bachelor's , English and Hispanic Studies
May 20, 2006