Tarleton State University
Director, Career Services
December 2008 — Present
*Supervises staff, develops and manages budget, develops policy and coordinates planning and assessment activities *Develop educational career planning activities/programming that supports and promotes
experiential learning, including internships and service learning
* Identify and cultivate relationships with key administrators, departments, faculty, staff, and student leaders to encourage involvement in career development services/programs; seek collaboration with personnel across the university
* Initiate and develop yearly company contacts with employers, solicit sponsorships and advertising for career services events/programs including job fairs and the student handbook; research grants to support existing programs and the development of new programs.
* Instruct and advise students and alumni regarding job search strategies and skill development including resume and letter preparation, interview techniques, graduate school admission, networking and employer research.
* Organize, prepare and present workshops including class/organizational/campus/community outreach presentations/programs, Business Etiquette Dinners, etc.
* Provide career development assistance to students and alumni by conducting individual and group career counseling sessions and administering and interpreting career assessment instruments; Recruit, train and supervise Counseling intern; maintain current knowledge base of labor market trends, occupational information and the local, state and national employer base; coordinate career services needs with off-site campuses.